Sunday, August 4, 2013

It's been a long time

I was thinking about this blog today realizing it has been a while since I posted anything.  Come to find out it's been 2 years since I've posted.  Things have been pretty busy but we are starting a new chapter in our life and I thought it would be fine to maybe blog about it.

In December we purchased a house and closed in March. We are all moved in and it is great to finally have the space that we had been missing.  We went from about 900 square feet to over 2800 square feet. We have a master bathroom now.  No more sharing with the kids and I have a walk-in closet.  Lots of room for all my clothes.  Yay!!! We have a fireplace now. I have always wanted a fireplace for those cold winter nights.  Snuggle down in our recliner beside the fireplace with a warm blanket, my cat sleeping on the back of the chair, a hot cup of tea and a good book. Sounds weird but I can't wait for winter this year. We have a big back yard and hopefully I will be able to get my raised beds in place next spring and have my garden I want instead of just my 2 tomato plants in containers I have right now.

Sine we have a yard I'm now trying to talk Mike into getting a dog.  I have fallen in love with the labardors and I have found a couple that I'm interested in. Wish me luck on that one.  He said I could get one but he's not thrilled about it.

The kids are doing well. Michael is starting the 8th grade this year and Mason will be in the 6th. They both will be in the same middle school since Mason's old school only went to the 5th grade.  Not sure how I feel about that. At times Mason doesn't seem mature enough to be in middle school but he's looking forward to it and his attitude seems to be changing so maybe things will be ok. I have to take him Thursday to get his class schedule, locker number, and combo, and student id.  I was able to do early registration with Michael and him so that part of the equation is done.  School shopping is also done.  The only thing that is left is supplies for Michael but I won't find out what he needs until probably the first day of school since he's in the life skills class.

Ill post pictures later when I get a chance. At work at the moment.

No comments: