Friday, November 7, 2008

Two week curse is officially over

I am happy to announce the the Street 2 week curse is officially over! For those of you that don't know what the curse is I will tell you. When Mike and I met and started dating about 10 years ago he bought the trailer we currently are living in from his mom who was moving to Delaware to go to graduate school. Mike told me that it should take 2 weeks for him to do the renovations he had planned then we could sell the trailer and buy a house. So he took 2 weeks off from work and began the job. We have now been married for 9 years and the trailer STILL is not completely finished. It seems that we have this 2 week thing going with our family. Anytime someone says it will take 2 weeks it always seems to go longer. Just like with Michael casts. About 4 weeks ago when Michael went in his doctor told him to come back in 2 weeks and the casts should come off then. We went back 2 weeks later and the casts still remained and we were told another 2 weeks. Well Michael went in for his appointment yesterday and I'm happy to announce that he FINALLY got his casts removed. We are so happy and relieved.

The first thing I did when I got home from work last night was feed him dinner then he took a very long and much needed bath. He soaked in the tub for almost an hour. I think he was very happy to finally be able to get into the tub and sit instead of having half his body hanging over the side since he couldn't get his leg wet.

Everything looks great. His doctor said he can bare as much weight on his leg as long as he can tolerate it. There is some swelling going on but that is expected. It should go away in a few days. Michael seems so much happier now that he doesn't have his cast on anymore. Now he is going to have intense therapy going on to try and get him back to where he was before he had his surgery. He's not going to be happy about that. Just like any typical 8 year old he doesn't want to work unless he really has to and even then he will protest about it. LOL

***********************

Halloween was pretty mellow around our house this year. We were going to a Halloween party that a friend of mine was having. It was a kid friendly kind of party so Mason was going to go with us since Michael had therapy. Well I got home from work and found that the house was empty of kids. I guess Mason decided that he really wanted to go home with grandma and grandpa for the weekend and not go to the party with us so we ended up going to the party by ourselves. We had fun though. Mike is rather anti-social so he didn't dress up but I decided to wear my old wedding gown from my first marriage and go as a bride and my best friend Rhonda went as a female devil. She was going to go as a gesha but her costume that she ordered didn't arrive in time so we had to come up with a costume rather quickly for her.

Mason did do some trick or treating at my parents house. He wore his Bateman costume and went to 3 houses with my dad before he decided he was too cold and wanted to go back to the house. He had fun though and he got to spend quality time with his grandpa.

No comments: