Saturday, October 25, 2008

Going green

With all the talk out there about saving the environment and going green our family has finally taken the plunge and are trying to go green. We are starting out small first. We don't want to get in over our heads and not complete things or maybe I should say I don't want to. So far we have started to collect our aluminum cans. We have about 2 or 3 garbage bags full that we need to take to the recycling center. Just haven't gotten around to it. I think we can take them to the Northway Mall too. I'm going to have to go back to their website and check it out and see. I'm working on the cleaners that I use in our house too. So far I have our dishwasher detergent changed out and our laundry products and the products I use to clean the bathroom and our counter tops in the kitchen. I still have quite a bit of dish washing detergent left because I don't use it that often because of the dishwasher but once it is gone I will be buying environment friendly dish washing soap also.

I have fallen in love with the brand 7th Generation-http://www.seventhgeneration.com/. I love their laundry products and dishwasher detergent. They also have baby products and a lot of other things and the best part about it Fred Meyers carries the line so there isn't a lot of online ordering that I have to do.

We are also trying to eat organically too. When I go grocery shopping I try and buy only organically grown fruits and vegetables and range free eggs and they are now starting to carry organic canned vegetables so I've been getting them too.

We still need to get some cans for our plastics and paper products but like I said we are taking baby steps.

No comments: